Therapy of Champions understands that health and fitness is an important factor in the success of every person. As a result, we offer specified forms of Yoga Therapy to help you gain and renew strength and confidence to induce the most effective ways to release stress and tension in the human body.
Yoga Therapy stems from a deep understanding of the mechanics of the body, and uses yogic postures, or yogasanas, to enable the system to sustain higher dimensions of energy. By practicing this profound science, one can change and enhance the way they think, feel, and experience life.
Isha Hatha Yoga
Isha Hatha Yoga comprises of the five ancient and powerful practices that transform the body and mind into great possibilities.
- Bhuta Shuddi
- Upa Yoga
- Surya Kriya
The basis for all creation, including the physical body, is the group of five elements: earth, water, wind, fire, and space. The Bhuta Shuddi process is designed to purify these five elements as a stepping stone towards one’s ultimate well-being.
- Keeps the system in harmony and balance
- Prepares the system to handle powerful states of energy
- Enhances the capabilities of the physical body, mind, and energy system
- Creates the basis to gain complete mastery over the human system
Upa Yoga is a simple yet powerful system of exercise that activates the joints, muscles, and energy system. Based on a sophisticated understanding of the body’s mechanics, Upa Yoga activates the energy storehouse of energy that resides within the joint, creating an instant sense of alertness and liveliness.
- Relieves physical stress and tiredness
- Strengthens the joints and muscles
- Rejuvenates the body after periods of inactivity
- Negates the effects of jetlag and long travel
Angamardana means gaining complete mastery over the limbs, organs, and other parts of the body. True to its name, this practice revitalizes the body on all levels including the muscles, circulatory system, skeletal structure, nervous system, and the basic energy system.
- Strengthens the spine, skeletal system, and muscular system
- Builds physical strength, fitness, and tenacity
- Takes years off the body, bringing a sense of lightness and freedom
- Prepares the body for more subtle forms of Yoga
Surya Kriya is a potent yogic practice of tremendous antiquity, designed as a holistic process for health, wellness, and complete inner well-being. “Surya” means “sun,” and “kriya” means “inner energy process.” Surya Kriya activates the solar plexus to raise the samat prana, or solar heat, in the system, which leads to stability of the body and stillness of the mind.
- Develops mental clarity and focus
- Remedies weak constitutions
- Boosts vigor and vitality
- Balances hormonal levels in the body
- Prepares one for deeper states of meditation
The word asana literally means a posture. Out of the innumerable asanas a body can assume, 84 have been identified as Yogasanas. Yogasanas are not exercises, but rather very subtle processes to manipulate one’s energy toward the direction of the ultimate.
- Relief of chronic health conditions
- Evolution of body and mind towards a higher possibility
- Stabilization of the body, mind, and energy system
- Deceleration of the aging process